Oct 27, 2007

7 Months old!: I LOVE VEGGIES!


Wow can you believe it? Yes, Evey is now 7 months old! At 6 months we started giving her cereal and since she is now 7 months we started her on veggies! I decided to make all of her food from scratch so I purchased a little mini food processor. I made green beans, carrots, sweet potatos, zucchini, yellow squash, and peas. I basically spent 1 whole weekend cooking, pureeing and freezing all of her food. We had to buy a deep freeze several months ago for all of the breast milk I was producing since it would no longer fit in our fridge freezer, so it's great for all of the bags of baby food I made. We have 6 bags of frozen veggies waiting to be eaten by our lil' vegetarian. So far we've given her green beans which she loves then we gave her carrots this week. At first she didn't really care for the carrots, but now she loves them. I sampled the peas on her and she didn't like them at all. It think it's because the pea skin doesn't puree very well. I'll give them another try in a few weeks. Oh and I did try the sweet taters on her and she loves those too! I usually mix the cereal with the veggies and that seems to help it all go down much more smoothly.

Here is a cute video of her eating her nummy veggies. We have a good time getting messy with Evey. She really does make a mess, but it's so cute that it's not a bother to us at all! She loves to drink out of her sippy cup during her meals too. Evey you are too much fun for momma and dadda!

Did you notice her waving bye-bye?

4 comments:

Carrie said...

She's so cute with her 'taters all over her face! And her bye-bye is TOO much!

A thought on the peas--you could push them through a sieve (mesh colander--about two bucks if you don't already have one) with a spatula before you freeze them to get the skins off. A little late for the ones you've already done, but you could do it before you feed them to her once they're thawed.

Anonymous said...

Good job mama!!!! Isn't it so much fun making all their food! Love you Onaweeeee!
Hannah

Anonymous said...

ooh this takes me back... I used to make baby foods for you and your sister... you are awesome ~mommy!! and Evey is loving it I can tell... yum yum mom!!!

The Johnson's said...

UH, are you trying to get MOM of the YEAR?? Sheesh girl you are amazing! Is there anything you can't do? That baby food looks so good! YOU ROCK! I love you O!!!!!!!!