Jun 18, 2007

13 Weeks: Grandma Carolyn Arrives!


Welcome to Oklahoma Grandma Carolyn! This weekend we were so excited to have Rusty's mom come visit! She arrived late Friaday night and we all greeted her at the airport. Evey was sleeping, but Grandma didn't mind! We had a great weekend with her with lots of loving on Evey, staring a Evey, tickling Evey, kissing Evey and more! She loves it...... and grandma doesn't mind it so much either! It was fun to have Carolyn here for Fathers day too. Rusty's first fathers day. Evey bought her papa a cute card and a gift card to the Home Depot!!! Daddy loved it! (Home Depot is his favorite new store now that we bought a house!) Then we took dad to lunch at Johnny Carino's with a bunch of our friends. It was a great day! Grandma will be here for a week and Rusty's sister Anita and her kids will be here Tuesday for a visit.

This week Evey changed yet again. She is now laughing. She loves when her daddy kisses her cheeks and neck with his prickly beard.... it tickles so much she giggles and laughs. It's too cute. We have to slow it down on that though because now she has a little beard rash!!! Evey has discovered the television this week. Rusty noticed she really loves GOLF. The green colors really pop at her and she begins to mumble at the t.v. She also loves the Tele Tubbies!Yes,
she is talking a lot now. Whether it's at the t.v., at dad to say "play with me!", or at mom to say " feed me mom!" or at her dangling toys in her swing.... this kid never stops talking! I love it. We cannot take our eyes or hands off of her!!!

This weekend I saw the CUTEST dress at the Hallmark store of all places. They carry some really neat products from local vendors and I saw this dress and it had EVEY written all over it!! I had to have it!!! It looks like a little ballerina dress and I thought it would be perfect for dad's first Fathers Day, so I splurged and bought it up!!! Evey looked TOOOOOO CUTE IN IT!!! Everyone at church was oogling over her, especially the family sitting behind us. She was such a flirt in her tu-tu! "Oh Evey you're killin' me!!!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooooooooooo cute!!!!! I love the black hair accessory too!!! She is so sweet Onawa and Rusty and I am glad that she is having a good time with Grandma!!!!
Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

SO FREAKING CUTE!! That dress is too cute! I love it! Sounds like Rus had a fantastic first father's day!! The first one is so special! Love you guys!!! Kat and Cor

Anonymous said...

What a cute little ballerina! She is so stinking cute.. she looks so much like you Onawa... and then I look again and she looks so much like Rusty... That little grin is the bomb!! I am so glad Grama Carolyn got to visit..I CAN"T wait to see you all in Sept!!! She is going to be sooooo much fun!!! HAPPY FATHER'S DAY RUSTY!!!!
loves.......grammie debbi

Anonymous said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, she's ADORABLE! I love little baby girls! Glad you're having so much fun and that G-ma got to visit--we're meeting up with my parents tomorrow (YAY!) so Caitlin will finally get to meet her grandparents too!

Anonymous said...

Aw Evey is getting more and more beautiful every day. That red hair is just precious on her!