May 20, 2007

9 Weeks: Working Mommy and Mr. Mom


Evey is now 9 weeks old and rapidly growing. She weighs in at about 12.5 lbs and roughly 25 inches long.... she's going to be a big kid! She is as healthy as ever, besides a little bout of thrush, and getting chubbier by the hour. We are loving our little baby girl!

This week I went back to work. The first day, Tuesday May 15, was a hard one. I did a lot of crying. Daddy is staying home with baby for the whole summer..... huge blessing. (He said his first day home alone with her was a bit hard becuause it's impossible to get anything done with her around. He also has a hard time putting her down because she is so darn cute!) We are trying to get her on a better napping schedule so he's the one that really will have to get that one down. So far our new routine is working great. I get her up in the am and nurse her and then put her in bed with daddy then I go to work. Then I come home at lunch and Rusty has lunch ready so we eat then Evey eats... it's great I work so close to home so I come home and nurse her. Then I come home at 5 and we have the whole evening together....I pretty much hold her from 5 - 10 when she goes to bed. Pumping at work has been interesting. I have a sign for my office door and everyone can hear the murmer of my handy pump every few hours! A bit embarrassing but neccessary!

This week Evey has started cooing more and is loving standing up with the help of mom and dad of course. She loves to use those legs! In the bath she now lovesto kick her legs and arms to make the water splash. Baths are very exciting! This week, Friday, we take her in for her 2 month appointment where she'll get all of her immunizations..... not looking forward to that.... poor Evey! Here she is in her cute jammies, one of her in the garden with our roses.... so dang cute..... and Evey in her new swim suit.... SOMEBODY'S READY FOR SUMMER!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, she is growing alot! how exciting! I can imagine how hard it must be to go back to work and leave such a cutie pie behind--but how wonderful that you have the chance to eat lunch at home, that's great! thinking of you guys--

Anonymous said...

Evey, you are just about the cutest little girl ever!!! I want to hold you soooooooo bad!!! Rusty, I am so happy that you are home with her all summer, you two will have a blast!!! Love you guys!
Hannah

The Johnson's said...

Ahh it is so cute to see Rusty hanging with his little girl! What an amazing daddy! She is so dang cute in that swimsuit!! It's going to be a great summer for all of you! Love and miss you soooooooo much! Kat

Anonymous said...

Evey is waving to everyone!! She is a beauty!! What a great daddy!! So cool Rusty gets that time with his sweet baby!! love you guys... momma

Carrie said...

Rusty, you need to cook me some bacon bee-atch!

Love you guys!