Ahh...home sweet home. We got home yesterday around 3:00PM, checking out of the hospital was a long and lengthy process. Onawa is still sore and on tons of pain killers. We had to change her prescription so she wouldn't zonk out when she takes one. Other than the pain and sleepiness things are copasetic, round the Linden's. I called Evey my "daughter" for the first time today and that was really cool, but also really weird. It's gonna take some getting used to.
We both feel so blessed to have her in our lives now. This morning we woke up with her in between us and, for some reason, it seemed like she has always been there. OK, well I have been far too sappy in this post so back to the humor. I was prestigiously selected, by Queen Evey, as her first royal barf cloth. Yep, that's right, she chose to spit-up all over me after my first time feeding her with the bottle. Ahh...good times, can't wait to try it again. Well, better go and do my "Man Chores," lots of cleaning to be done. A husband's work is never done. Oh...BTW, Onawa is feeling much better, so look forward to her sharing a slightly different view (skewed by using strong narcotics) of our experience next time. Much love from the Linden "Family."
-Rusty
11 comments:
aww! she is SO sweet. wishing you all a smooth adjustment into family life!
Man, you're lucky it was only barf.
Well, you're almost there Rusty -- now you just need to be hit by projectile vomit and poop and you'll officially be a parent :)
Glad things are going well :)
She is super cute! I love her little booties! Rusty it is fun to have your perspective! Glad you are keeping the blog current! Love you guys! Katrina
PRECIOUS! she is precious! looove the pink, pink and more pink! i know you all are having so much fun playing with the 'doll-baby'! enjoy these special first days. you'll never forget them! love to all!
I'm not sure if she could be any cuter!! She looks so much older than she is! I showed the blog pictures to John last night and he said the same thing I was thinking-"She looks like she's a year old!" So much healthier and thicker than many newborns I've seen! I can't wait to hold her and smooch on her in THREE DAYS! Love you guys!
AAAAAHHHHH!!! I just found out through your blog that you guys finally had her! No wonder I wasn't getting any responses back off of myspace. LOL AAAHHH!! Congratulations you two!! Let me know when you guys are accepting visitors. I want to meet your sweet girl!! Love you guys! What awesome parents you are and will be. *Hugs*
Okay, I'm not anonymous. This is Lisa Dixon. I wrote the above comment beginning in "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!" TTYL
Hi, Rusty, Onawa, and baby Evey:
You guys did GREAT!
Evey is sure beautiful ... I know you are so proud. She is blessed in having two caring and loving parents. No question that she'll grow up enjoying lots of love.
Nothing like that initial "spit-up." Be sure and get that garment cleaned and prepared for the next round. Kinda like the gift that keeps on giving. It ain't the nectar of the gods, but darn close.
Hope you guys are coming to Helena soon. Let's do dinner or get together in some way.
Congratulations and very best wishes as you begin this new chapter in your lives. Evey has a great life in store because of you both.
We miss you and hope to hear from you soon.
Love:
Randy
Hey Rusty & Onawa, Congrats on little baby Evey! I'm so excited for you both!! What wonderful parents you'll be! -April C.
Hello you two. Tis I, Jooli, surfacing from your favorite JCPenney Portaits. She is BEAUTIFUL!! I'm so glad everything went smoothly. Rusty, thats great that you've experienced the barf. I bet you've had a bit more by now. I too have gotten a little bit of everything.
Later!
Post a Comment