
Just one more day till little Evey comes home. They offered to released us from the hospital today, but we decided to stay as long as we could. Onawa is feeling great (thank you for praying for a speedy recovery); God is such a great healer. When we talked about it, the idea of letting people take care of us for another day sounded--not so bad. Plus, all our nurses at Mercy have been really wonderful. Evey is taking to the "teat" like a little spring calf (mommy's gonna kill me for that). But seriously, she is eating like a champ. All is good, timing couldn't have been better. My spring break starts this week so we get to spend a whole week uninterrupted by pesky classes and tests (kind of; I have one to make up from Thursday, but nonetheless). And after the break, all of our family will arrive. We are so blessed, I couldn't even explain all the variables that God took care of, timing this delivery. I guess that if I could, God wouldn't be God and I would have some claim in all of what has transpired. But the truth is, I don't. We are so excited to have this precious gift, and hope to always treat her as such. Well, I better run. I am giving the dogs a bath and making sure our home is ready before Mommy Onawa and Evey get here. Love you all, talk to you soon.
-Rusty
5 comments:
A Big Sky Welcome to Baby Evey!
What a beautiful addition to an already great little family. Wishing you all a lifetime of joy with your precious daughter. I honestly can't think of two people that will make better parents than you two. I am so proud of you both! God's richest blessings!!
Love you - Tom and Karen
Rusty, you look sooooooooooooo good as a DAD!!!!!! Love the beardless face too!!! She is a beauty!!! Good luck and make sure to get as much sleep as you can!!!!
Loves,
Hannah
Who is that handsome man??? Oh its Rusty!! Love the beardless look! So excited for you guys! Love you! Katrina
Rusty.... you are a natural!! Love the new look.. no more papa smurf!! Evey is blessed to have you as her daddy!! love you so much~~ debbi
Ahh Grrrr...You were supposed to wait until I got there next week so we could shave you into chops and goatee, then just goatee, then fu man chu, then mustache, THEN beardless!!
I love you all and congrats again! Only 5 more days until I can snuggle little Evey in my arms!
Post a Comment