Well my belly continues to grow but our girly is sitting tight! We had our last apt. with the specialist Dr. Mirable on Thursday. He checked her to make sure that everything looked good and that she wasn't too big. He said she is now in the 70th percentile which is totally fine. Her head isn't enormously huge, just big and her movement, blood flow, heart and all her numbers are looking just great. He perdicted that she weighs around 7lbs 11oz right now.
He took a few pics with the 3D, but she was snuggled so tightly into my hip that we couldn't get a really nice face pic, so I have nothing to show you. Sorry. She still looks darling.... although her cheeks didn't look as chubby. At one point he had her little face on the screen and she was making a sucking motion. Cutest thing I've ever seen! (I STILL CANNOT BELIEVE WE'RE TALKING ABOUT OUR KID HERE!) So both Rusty and I left feeling good that our little one is doing great!Today we had our 38wk check-up with our OB Dr. Amanda Levine.
(finally got a pic of her at our apt!) She said baby is measuring 41 wks, 3 weeks longer than she really is. So she's not only chubby, but LONG! Dr. Levine said we're still going to have a big kiddo on our hands since she is already weighing in at over 7.5 lbs and will most likely gain another pound before birth. She thinks we won't have baby til the 40 wk mark which is fine with us! She said it will make it harder on me to deliver this biggins of a kid, but heck, if my mom had me at 10'8, then I think I can handle a 9 pounder!!! We're tough ladies!!! Next week she'll start stripping my membranes to get me moving a bit more as I am still only 1cm dialated. She did say my cervix is softer, so this means something is moving along. So we are still hoping for any day between the 15th and 19th. Rusty still hopes it's on the 17th, his grama's birthday. We'll see!Next Thursday our church is having a prayer evening for all expectant moms and dads and parents of new children. Some of our leadership will pray for us all for peace and health as we have had some tragic things happen this year for a lot of our families in the church with pregnancies and new children. It's been a difficult time to be pregnant for a lot of us, seeing our friends go through so much. Prayer is GOOD and we will definitely be there!
I am feeling great! I am still working, swimming, going to yoga (as you can see I'm red in pics as I just finished class) and all the other norms of life. (although grocery shopping is a drag right now!) I sill love having this sweet baby inside of me. It's truly amazing and I feel just so blessed to be able to experience this gift God gave to us. Pregnancy is breathtaking in a lot of ways! Neither of us can wait to meet our little Linden!
6 comments:
Beautiful daughter of mine~~ I love to see your smiling face on this blog.. thank you for sharing with us this awesome experience~ it always makes my day when I open it and see new pics and new entries helps me to stay close to you ~ I love you and miss you... Girl you look like you gonna pop very soon!! You are so beautiful! loves, momma
Onawa, here I go saying one of those annoying pregnancy things but "you are all belly" and you look BEEEEEAUTIFUL!!!!! Sounds like you are going to have a big girl on your hands but hey, Amazon women are the best as you and I both know!!!!! I love you sweetie pie!!!
Hannah
You look so Gorgeous! Oh my gosh, and that belly.....HELLO!!!!!!! After reading your momma's comment i have to say thank you also! We who can't be there with you to share your pregnancy look forward to your updates! It really does help us to stay connected with you! I love you so much!!! Katrina
Hi Rusty and Onawa! It's been a while... Onawa you look STUNNING! You should be on TLC's Runway Moms! Is pregnancy not the most facinating thing you've both experienced to date?! I know how excited and anxious you're feeling, Onawa. You're gonna do great! One thing that helped me through painful L&D is remembering that God created my body to this..somehow. Immediately after delivering both Liam and Catherine, I remember thinking to myself, "Oh yes, I will do this again!" You are going to be awesome parents! I was wondering if you were thinking of giving her an African name? Miss you both..praying for you too. Love, Vila
I can't believe how pretty you are when you're pregnant! So I know you're going to be super busy once you actually give birth- so you should have Rusty update your blog w/ details & pics so that those of us who live vicariously through you will stay up to date.... k?
Love- Sara Tsoodle
it's so encouraging to "stay up" with you guys during this exciting time by just clicking over to your blog. I look forward to every new post! thanks for sharing your experiences--it's expecially refreshing to hear your upbeat and positive attitude about everything and I'll pray that these next couple weeks don't change that a bit--I've been reading alot about labor and delivery lately and the main thing that keeps coming across is how big a role the mother's attitude plays in the whole thing. keep it up! :)
Post a Comment