Feb 23, 2007

37 Weeks: We're Full Term!

Yes, we're full term as of yesterday! We had our appointment with our OB yesterday and we're still only 1cm. Baby belly was measuring 40wks even though we're only 37. Dr. thinks that baby was just laying all streched out which made the belly look longer, but she is still big. I have some swelling in my legs and feet, but nothing too serious yet. Dr. said there's nothing we can really do about it at this point. She also checked to see where her head was at, and sure enough she is in launching position!!! Our little girl is so cooperative, hopefully this continues through the delivery. Oh and because we are only dialated 1cm she suggests we stay very "active" as that can help move things along. (wink wink) We see the specialist again next Thursday to get a 3D ultrasound to make sure she is good to go and not TOO BIG... then another OB apt on Friday.

My buddies from church are throwing us our baby shower tomorrow. I can't wait! Usually I really don't enjoy baby showers, but now that its for my baby and I am a mom, for some reason... I LOVE THEM! Makes sense!

Tomorrow after our shower we're getting some maternity pics taken of us and the belly! I'll be sure to post them.

I'm definatley having that nesting feeling. I am painting our bathroom tonight and hopefully organizing the garage tomorrow. Rusty has been doing a lot outside with the house like yard work, since its been so nice out, and staining the deck and woodwork on the house. I guess we're both nesting! We just want to get some of these small things done before our lil' sweettart arrives!

Speaking of sweettart, I made some yummy cupcakes for Valentines Day this year for my Rusty, friends at work and my class at church.... YUMMO!

1 comments:

The Johnson's said...

I hope you have a fantastic shower! It is so fun when it is for your little one! It is so exciting to know you are close to holding that little bundle in your arms! We love you!!!! Cor and Kat