May 7, 2010

28 weeks preggers: How does this mama feel?

I'm great. Honestly, the 2nd baby is soooooooo different. Because we have a 3 year old running around and we're gypsies, at times I would forget I was pregnant. I obviously don't get to NEST at all, and I'm just relying on God in a bigger way to bless us with a healthy baby girl, rather than letting that constant fear of the "what if's" take over my joy.

This pregnancy has been so different from the 1st. We tried for our #2 for 1.5 years with no luck. We had hoped to get pregnant and have the baby while we still lived in OKC and had great insurance, but God had other plans. After a year we started trying to find some answers. We had some tests to see if it was our fertility, but no. i had 2 blood tests, my hormones were fine. Rusty had a blood test, his hormones were slightly off, but not enough to matter. He had his sperm count checked and he was fine also. Then I had an HSG scan where they check to see if there's any blockage in your ovarian tubes that would prevent eggs from dropping... I was clear as a bell. ( and wow, that was THE most painful thing I have EVER had done... EVER) So after all the tests, we went back to the thought that, ok duh, it's just not the time that God wants us to be pregs, so we focused on our move and getting to Rwanda.

We left OKC on Oct 19 2009 after selling our house and sending all of our stuff to Rw. Then we headed north to discover more funding for the move and visit family with hopes to leave for Rw in January. 3 weeks after our departure, we conceived. That was on Nov 10, and we found out we were pregnant on Dec 1 2009. Shocked to say the least. We decided that God has a HUGE sense of humor and thought, ok what now?! We were living with family and traveling every week. It wasn't "ideal" for us since we were in a new bed every week, in the car a lot, unsure of what was next, but decided to just trust that God would take care of us.

Our plan was to continue working towards our departure to Rwanda in January. That date passed because we weren't where we needed to be with our funding yet, so we pushed the date out to April. Then that day was coming closer and we felt almost ready to go, but because of some unknown details with delivering in Rwanda/Kenya, we were advised by our ROC board and God to hang back for a few more months and have the baby stateside. So that's what we'll be doing! We'll have the baby with a midwife in Idaho. Until August we'll be traveling to keep busy and work on more funding.

God has been good to us in so many ways though. This pregnancy has been a wild one. The first trimester was puke-free again, except for 1 bout with the flu, and of course I had a lot of nausea until I hit the 2nd trimester. It was hard in the 1st also because again, being in so many beds, having so many unknowns, not many "comforts" of our own, never being in our "own space", and the big one, being in the COLD SNOWY NORTH.... that was all hard. And having a lot of ups and downs with our plans for the move.... it was a bit, no, a lot of trials on us emotionally. But again, God got us through, and honestly, the nice weather, and being able to be home in OKC has really restored us in a lot of ways. God is good.

We are really looking forward to a healthy superNATURAL birth of our baby #2. We know as long as we keep God first in all that we do, he'll bless the pants off of us. He's good like that!

This us with some of our ROC teammates and Mayor of Kigali Rwanda. Dr. Aisa Kirabo Kacyira. I am 26 weeks pregnant here.

0 comments: