May 7, 2010

26 Weeks Pregnant! We ran to remember!



I am blessed! Not only do I have a handsomely wonderful husband and a gorgeously funny 3 year old daughter, God put another baby in my belly! She was a bit of a surprise since we hadn't planned on her after trying for 1.5 years. Once we moved from OKC, 3 weeks later we were pregnant. We found out on Dec 1st that new baby Linden would be on her way August 2nd 2010.

Anyhow, we were lucky enough to come back to visit and work in OKC for 2 months and during this time I had the opportunity to run in the OKC Memorial Marathon Relay with some friends from church. I was thrilled. I had been running still through the pregnancy so I felt confident I could do the 10k lag. The day of the race I was 26 weeks pregnant, 6.5 months.

Here's Evey soon before I arrived at the finish line!




This was my amazing team, minus one amazing lady who we couldn't find at the finish line. THANKS FOR THE FUN LADIES!

The big day came and the weather was perfect! It was a blat and God helped me get through the race in 1 hour and 14 minutes! I ran the last lag through the finish line and my whole team came out to sprint though the finish line with me! It was amazing! I thanked God all day for such an amazing time! Yes my body was sore (mostly lower abdomen), yes I was super thankful for the belly support band Natalie let me use and yes, it's because of God that I had the endurance to do it! We all ran to remember those who lost their lives in the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995.



The coolest part was when i was sprinting to the finish line I heard my husband Rusty and daughter Eveyanna yelling for me "GO MOMMY!!!" At that moment I knew I was a hero, at least in the minds of the ones that matter the most! :D

Rusty got a short video of me and my team running... 4 seconds long. He thought he had recorded a longer one, and well, it didn't work! Darn! We're the ones in the white behind the pink ladies!

0 comments: