Jul 7, 2008

Jibber Jabber no more!


Evey is now a talking machine! She's been saying some words for a long time, but this week, the flood gates have opened! Here's just a few:

Mommy, daddy, Ee-ee (Evey), Ahvah (Oliver our eldest dog), cup, water, TurTle (she accentuates the T's), Tattoo (yes, tattoo), car pool, hot dog, cheese (the food and the action before a picture is taken), up ps (up please), no no (to us and the dogs), sit and stay (said to the dogs with her finger out), apple, ananna (bannana), milk, more, uh oh, whoa, ouch, hi, hello, ELMO and the most often said word of all..... PUPPIES! These are just a few... she also says a ton of animal noises.... like elephant, rooster, fish, cat and more. Oh and this week her favorite letter is M! (i think it's M for MOMMY!)

She is a sponge right now and everyday she shocks us both with her new vocabulary! It's so fun to watch her learn!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh Evey, you're so smart!! I can't wait to hear all your new words!!

Anonymous said...

Onawa - keep a notebook out and handy and write all those words down! I have a list of my kids' words that I started at 15 months. They love looking at the lists now, which are displayed on 2-page spreads in their scrapbooks. They really love the ones that they said in a funny way. Evey is such a smart one! Sentences soon, I'm sure.

Penny E (in Ohio!)

boygirlboy said...

Our little one loves saying the word puppy too -that and baby! Evey and Lil' J would get along great.

boygirlboy said...

Oh, and I second the recording what they say, especially as they get older. We keep a log of all the funny things the kids say throughout the years; it's fun to look back on!

The Johnson's said...

Oh Evey you are too stinking cute! IT is so fun when they start talking! Love you! Katrina

Anonymous said...

well.. you you were little we did not have sound movie camera.. so I recorded you all on a cassette.. the little prayers were especially special!! You all have all the vid clips which is so awesome!! I sure appreciate them!! loves~~~~