
Were do I start?! We planned a big birthday bash for miss Evey and it was a blast! We invited some of her close friends that have been a big part of her life this year. It was hard not to invite more people, but we tried to stop at about 25! Golly! I ordered a cute cake and mini cake from a local cake shop since I knew I would not have the time to do it myself. It was perfect. We themed the party in brown pink and some blues (like her room) with an all around spring feel since we did have flowers blooming in the garden already! I made the cutest bunting (flag garland) out of her room remenents and they turned out perfect. We also had balloons and fun dots on the tables. We made some yummy snacks for our guests along with the decadent cake. They were all a hit! Evey wore a cute spring dress that grammie debbie bought her last year that she finally fit into. It was perfect for the big event. She looked adorable!
Evey had no clue what was going on. When everyone started showing up she got very excited and had to say hi to all who entered our house. She's quite the hostess! We ate our horderves first then started to open gifts. The first one she opened was a great big lion bike from Marsha and Lindsay. She loved it and wanted nothing to do with the other gifts since it was so cool. It was funny. I had to distract her into opening the rest of the goodies. I think her favorite gift of all was the cell phone and keys from our buddy's the Fosters. She couldn't put them down. Thanks to all who gave Evey such wonderful gifts!Next we headed into the kitchen for our birthday song and cake! What a hoot. I had a small cake made for her that she could dig into, and SHE DID! Watch the video and you'll see her in action. I was hoping she'd make a mess and get crazy and of course she did! Cake and frosting was everywhere! We had a blast watching her get messy on her big day! It was perfect.
Then Evey's Godfather Michael said a prayer over her for 10 more blessed years. It was so special. God has blessed all of us with this precious little girl and we look forward to many more fun birthdays!

Be sure to go check out the album of pics here on the blog there to your right. Again, thanks to all who came to celebrate the first year of Evey! Thanks to those who couldn't be here but sent special gifts.
3 comments:
So cute!!! thank you so much for sharing. She is too stinking cute and you two are wonderful parents. I love you all. Happy B day miss E!!!!
Hannah
I can't believe her TEETH!! How amazing!
Wish we could have been there! I got a little something for Evey, but you won't see it for another week or so. Typical, eh?
Love you guys!
p.s. Where is the album? I didn't see it on Picasa either. More pics! More pics! More pics! hee hee
Post a Comment