Dec 8, 2007

Being sick is NO FUN!

Evey has strep.

Our poor little bean is sick this weekend and it's no fun at all for any of us. On Friday I picked her up from Natalies and she was very sleepy and I could tell she was hot. I took her home and took her temperature and sure enough it was at 99.3... not too high, but still hot. She took a long nap and seemed to be ok. On Saturday morning she woke up with a temperature of 101.2... not good at all. Rusty and I figured she just had a fever due to teething until she got worse. After her morning nap we always feed her lunch, well that just wasn't happening. She wouldn't eat a thing and wanted to be held by momma at every second. So that's what I did. Then we took her temp again and she was up to 102.4 and that's when we got scared. We decided to take her to the Urgent Care after Hours, but not before callling Tiffany who is the mom of Peyton to see if she was sick. See the girls were playing together on Wednesday and were sharing sippy cups and binkies.... :( Well come to find out Peyton had strep and had all the same symptoms that Evey was having.... so away we went to see the doctor.

After a stressful 1 hour exam, she has strep. A throat and ear infection. My poor baby girl! We are hating that she's sick and uncomfortable. We plan to stay in all weekend to fill her full of fluids and lots of love with hopes she'll recover quickly. Plus they are predicting ice storms in this area, so we'd probably be staying in to keep warm either way.

Love you Evey! Get better soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!!! I know how tough it is to have a sick child! You are a good mama Onawa and I know that you will do just fine! I love you and you are in my thoughts.
Hannah

Anonymous said...

oh nooooo! hope it passes quick! last week caitlin had a fever that got up to 103 at one point so I can totally relate to getting worried! plus even when we got to the doc's we had to wait 2 HOURS in the waiting room before getting in...my poor baby!! it's so weird seeing them calm and sleepy when they're normally energetic and LOUD, huh?!

Serena Coles said...

Poor Evey!
My heart goes out to you! It is absolutely NO fun having a sick little one!!

The Johnson's said...

Poor Evey! It is no fun when you have a sick child! UGH!! I feel for you guys! Sounds like you are giving her lots of love and comfort which is what they need! Onawa you are such an amazing momma! Take good care of each other! We love you Katrina

Carrie said...

Awwww, poor baby! Give her some loves from me!