Jul 23, 2007

19 Weeks: Daddy Appreciation Day!


This was an exciting week for all of us. Rusty and I have been working so hard to keep our new routine that we lost track of "US" so Evey, our thoughtful and most beautiful daughter suggested that mom surprise daddy. She wanted to throw dad a "Daddy Appreciation Day" and make dad a card and thought I should take dad out on a surprise date. But I said to Evey, "I'll miss you too much Evey, to be away from you for that long knowing you're not with me or dad... how will I cope?" She said " Come on mom, you're a big girl and I'm getting bigger and Matt and Natalie can take care of me for a few hours... no biggy. Lets do this for dad momma..." So I listened to our wise lil' Evey and planned a special date for me and Rusty.

On Wednesday I asked Natalie if she and Matt would be kind enough to watch our lil' bean for a few hous... they were delighted at the thought of it.... check..... then when
Rusty was at work me and Evey pulled out the craft box and made dad a card with eveys cute lil' handprintds on the cover and the inside... this was her idea of course.... It was a bit messy as you can see but we sure had fun doing it! .... check... then I picked a restaurant and a movie. Friday when I got home I told Rusty that the Tremblay's wanted us to come to dinner, so thats how we all got over there. I sneaked some milk into my purse and away we went. Well when we pulled up in to the driveway.. Evey slipped dad the card and said " blah ga ma pa ga ga da blah ga" which means " Thanks dad for watching me all summer and doing such a great job and helping mom out so much around here.... we know it isnt' easy, but thanks for loving us so much dad".... well it brought tears to his eyes! He thanked both me and evey and we dropped her off and away we went on our date. Honestly, it was hard not to talk about her at every moment, but it was nice to just be adults again and reconnect. Thanks for the idea Eveyanna!!! Mom and dad love you!

Here is a cute pic of Evey in her CBGB outfit that our wonderful friend in NYC sent us. Thanks Kim, she looks adorable in it!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just cannot get over her!!! I love the CBGB outfit, so stylish. She is just soooooooooooooooo beautiful!!! Rusty, i am so glad that you got a "Daddy appreciation day"!!! I love y'all!!!
Hannah

Carrie said...

haha, she looks like she's going to make out with the card in the middle pic of the trio!

What a clever girl! But should I expect anything less of a Linden?

The Johnson's said...

What a fantastic idea! Rusty is the best daddy, next to Corey of course! We just love your little family! So glad the Tremblay's could watch her so you could have some time! You need it! We all need a break now and then to reconnect! Love you guys! Kat and Cor

Anonymous said...

I am PROUD of Evey of thinking of such a GREAT Idea!

Mom and Dad NEED a little time alone even if it's just for dinner and a movie once in a while.

Good for YOU GUYS!

ken

Anonymous said...

it's SOOOO cute! what a great idea.