Feb 8, 2007

35 Weeks: 35 more days!


Wow, reality just set in. We have 35 short days to go and hopefully we'll be holding our baby girl in our arms! She is getting big, so I hope we don't go over the 40wks. I don't have that much patience... I just want to meet her!!!

The belly is getting HUGE! I have had a hard time sleeping EVERY night. Back, hip and butt aches. Everything is spreading out! I did sign up at the YMCA right by our house for membership so I am now taking yoga and water aerobics which is helping a lot with the night pains. I am still stretch mark free! Hooray! We still don't have a dresser for the baby room, but we plan to possibly purchase one this weekend as well as packing the hospital bag. Its time! Technically we could deliver at 37 weeks, so we should have everything ready soon just in case. I am hoping to start painting a bit in her room in the next week or two as well. My friend Natalie is going to help me! My mom is sewing baby's crib stuff, so we should possibly have that by the time she arrives. I have my next OB apt in one week. Dr. Levine will check my cervix to see where I am at. I guess some people start dialating this early. She'll also be doing a bacteria test on my skin to make sure we're A-OK. (they do this to everyone). Then after that appointment we see her every week until baby arrives!!!

We had a baby feeding class this week. Learned all the in's and out's of breastfeeding. Next week we have our "baby care" class where they'll teach us how to diaper, bathe, clothe baby, etc properly. Then in March we have our last class, "baby massage".

Rusty is VERY excited to meet his daughter! We are counting down the days now!

5 comments:

The Johnson's said...

YEAH!!! You are almost there! So exciting! Just a short while and your little angel will be in your arms! O be careful painting, make sure you use a non toxic paint. WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!! Cor and Kat

Anonymous said...

SERIOUSLY Onawa.............could you be any more beautiful???? I know that I tell you that every time I leave a message but it's the honest truth. You are a glowing momma to be and you are going to be such an amazing mother! I cannot explain in words how happy I am inside for you and Rusty. You are about to embark on the biggest blessing that life has to offer, being a mother!!!! I love you!!!!!
Hannah

b.craft said...

You look great! Make sure Rusty knows how to update this site so that when you're little bean arrives I'll get to see pictures and hear how things went :) Keep updating in the meantime too! -- I check your site all the time!

Anonymous said...

I love you Onawa Andrea.... I miss you... I want so much to be there with you when u deliver.. I am so excited to see you and that beautiful new granddaughter of mine..God is so good... you are so beautiful... love you ~ mom

Anonymous said...

I'm Glad you said that you are packing your bag. I had only made the list and started thinking about getting the new clothes we had gotten, washed and put in drawers at this very time. Then, I awoke Sunday morning at exactly 35 weeks and my water had broke. I rushed around the house bawling my fool head off that nothing was ready. I just started throwing stuff from my list into a suitcase. Don't forget to keep the cameras charged! That was my other panic. I can't wait and I know you two can't either! We'll see you ALL soon! I have very good feelings about the delivery. I'll bet all goes smooth. (at least as smooth as delivery can go!) We love you ALL!
Ellie