Feb 16, 2009

Yes, we're still here!


E in her Christmas dress. She breaks our hearts! Love this kid!!

Ok, so a little update. Yes we're still totally MIA, but I'm trying. It's hard to keep our lives in order...once you feel like you have it all down, something else comes up and throws a wrench in it all! I'm trying to cut back on my internet usage. It's been sucking me dry and I feel like it's totally a thorn rather than a blessing, so I've cut back in a big way. I still love my baby bean, but to keep momma sane for her baby, I had to draw the line somewhere.

Rusty's been working a lot more now that he's done with school, so evenings are mostly me and Evey having fun making forts and secret hiding places to read and eat snacks and play and love on eachother and sing and dance and just have a fun time. We've cut back on the t.v. viewing too. I find that Evey is much calmer and happy if she has moms full attention at night without too much stimulation. I can tell the difference. And when I say t.v. it wasn't for us, it was all for her. From the Doodlebops (her new favorite addiction) to Elmo and Mr. Ray, she seemed to be glued to the tube. It was nice at times if I needed to get stuff done, but I got sick of it, and decided that in the evenings, it's fun quiet time with mom and not the t.v. and mom. Therefore I get very little done until she hits the hay, then I get my lunch making, cleaning, organizing, putting toys away, reading, and if I can fit it in, interneting....which I know is not a word.


New favorite pastime...sitting on the pot reading a magazine!


As a whole, everyone is much happier. I just got sick of her fighting me for my attention when i was trying to do the dishes, pack lunches clean or whatever.... we've always had a rule not to have the computers out when she's awake so that wasn't a problem, but it was near impossible to get anything done and keep her happy. We all know it's all about the kids right?! And since I work FT, I figure I need to eat up every fun second I have with her each night. I love this kid! We miss dad being around with us, but she gets her fill of him in the daytime, and I do on the weekends.

Ok,so that's that. I will try to post more though...not that anyone is "really" reading this... ha!


E and her new puppy towel!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Love that Christmas dress! She sure is growing up fast!

How's the potty training coming? I just bought Alana a little potty yesterday at IKEA to put in the bathroom. She's been coming in and squatting whenever I go in there. hehe She's still a long way from understanding!

Anonymous said...

Oh so precious... I miss little miss Eveyanna, she was so cute in that puppy towel! She looks so comfy and content on her little "throne" in the her pink reading room!!! loves and huggers from grammi

The Johnson's said...

love the puppy towel! Evey is so beautiful! Love her!!